The Town of Dewey, established in 1904, is located in the Southeast quadrant of Burnett County, Wisconsin. One of the first to settle here was the George Montgomery family, in 1877. The population is 513, with a median age of 49.6 at the 2020 census. The major industries of Dewey are farming and tourism.
The Town Hall, formally the McCarty school, was destroyed on June 18, 2001, when the town experienced the deadliest tornado in Wisconsin since 1984, killing 3 people. There is now a tornado memorial at the Dewey town hall featuring the bell from the McCarty school.
Dewey Town Hall, 24433 Town Hall Rd, is located on Town Hall Road at the Oak Road intersection.