Town of Dewey
August 8, 2023
Town Board Meeting
1. Meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Chairman Duane Johnson. Others present were Supervisors Steve Dahlstrom and Gary Crosby, Treasurer Donna Meeds and Clerk Rochelle Becker. Also present were 6 town residents *.
2. The minutes of the July 11, 2023 town board meeting were read and approved on a Crosby/Dahlstrom motion. Motion carried.
3. The Treasurers’ report was read and approved on a Crosby/Dahlstrom motion. Motion carried.
4. The Financial review was approved on a Dahlstrom/Crosby motion. Motion carried.
5. There were no public comments.
6. Discussion to approve a request to erect self-storage units. Motion made by Crosby to approve a Conditional Use Permit for Frank Taylor to erect self-storage units; second by Dahlstrom, motion carried.
7. Motion by Crosby to pre-pay 3,000 gallons of propane, second by Dahlstrom. Motion carried.
8. Road Maintenance report by Mark Melton. Discussion about buying a dump truck. Dahlstrom made a motion to put in a bid for the Town of Bashaw’s dump truck, pending discussion with mechanic Mark Stellricht. Crosby seconded; motion carried.
9. Monthly correspondence reviewed.
10. Approval of monthly expenditures. Motion to approve checks #10383 to #10399 in the amount of $19,607.50 on a Dahlstrom/Crosby motion. Motion carried.
11. September 12, 2023 was set for the next Board Meeting.
12. Meeting was adjourned at 8:12pm on a Dahlstrom/Crosby motion. Motion carried.
*Mark and Nancy Melton, Jim and Esther Bernecker, Bret R. Iverson, ??